Friday, December 23, 2011

Homemade Granola

Well we eat lots of granola bars are our house.  Can you imagine how many of those a 2 year old can ask for in one day?  8 at least!  LOL.  Well since I continously buy different varieties and we go through them like there is no tomorrow I decided to try out some homemade.
The first reciepe I tried out I found here and kept it very simple.  I used on the first set of ingredients and substitued the extras with cranberries (cause I don’t love rasins) and walnut (cause we were out of peanuts) and I threw in a handful of white chocolate chips for something special.  It turned out good but was not clusters or bars.  It was cereal pretty much and Brent actually ate it like cereal several days and loved it.  I, however was wanting something more like a granola bar.  So I went back to the web and found many more reciepes.  Only one mentioned “Don’t Crumble”.  That was my bingo sound.  I wanted to make real granola bars!  So I tried this reciepe out from here and it is awesome.  I personally love it and prefer it to the other, cereal like version but Brent likes both.  I have found that Bailey prefers this one too, mainly I think because its a bar she can hold not crumbles in a bowl.  Either way, I went to the store and got all the ingredients for this one and did the extras I wanted and we already went thru the first pan.  I made another pan Tuesday night for our trip to the beach this weekend.  It won’t melt and is full of yummy protein so I think it will be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment